By Annette Hanami, 9/25/18, CA California Home+Design
The Francis House, Calistoga
Photos by Michael Hospelt
Shuttered for over 50 years, the historic The Francis House was respectfully restored and re-envisioned by Dina and Richard Dwyer as a luxury, 5-room inn. Originally built in 1886 for merchant James H. Francis, the National Register landmark is the only stone building in Napa with French Second Empire architecture.
The landscaped grounds are beautiful, with two French limestone fountains complementing the architecture. A separate building holds an infrared sauna and salt room. Inside, original stone walls blend with wide European oak plank floors and understated French-inspired furnishings to create a luxury space. The upstairs rooms feature all the modern amenities, flatscreen TV, wifi and smart phone operable locks on the doors, and Carrara marble and brass bathrooms.
The Francis House is conveniently located to Lincoln Street. Stays include breakfast and wine tasting, and a charging station is available. 1403 Myrtle Street, Calistoga.